Gringa No Mas!
La Gringa's Adventures in Learning Spanish
Call me La Gringa, baby! I'm an Americana learning Spanish, traveling to Spanish-speaking countries with my fiancee, Foxy, and reporting back. It's all here, so start clicking. Awesome food, drinky drinks, stories of fun and frolic, animals we've met, verbs we've conjugated, our recommendations for speaking la lingua, and more.
I'd like to hear your stories, too. Yes, you will have a chance to tell the world about that time you ate the worm. Click around and you'll find it.
Baile, monkey, baile!
My god-daughter Bambina spends all day learning Spanish in her awesome daycare, run by a cool family from El Salvador. Bambina is getting way better than me at Spanish, even though she is not yet two, but I know what she means when she yells BAILE and I have to dance like a trained monkey.
Toddlers speak better Spanish than me.
I need to work on this.
Who is Foxy?
Foxy is my partner in (grammar-related) crime. She lived in Madrid as a child, learned fluent Spanish, and then totally forgot it after returning to the States. Foxy and I like to travel, usually together, and we both try to keep up with Bambina's vocab. Foxy's camera-shy, so you won't see pictures of her here, but she's always participating.
Gringa, who are you?
I'm just a Gringa who loves all things Spanish--the language, the countries where people speak it, the food and the animals. You probably found my site cuz you like those things to. Stick around, click around, it'll be fun.
NOTE: This site is still new, so I haven't built all my pages yet. Subscribe to the RSS feed on the left hand column to get pages as I build them. It'll be fun, promise. More to come.
- La Gringa's Spanish Adventure Blog
- La Gringa's adventures learning Spanish, traveling to Spanish-speaking countries, and living it up with her fiancee, Foxy.
- Rosetta Stone Spanish
- Yeah, Rosetta Stone Spanish is actually the best way to learn on the computer. Don't be a dingbat and order a fake copy from China like I did.
- Costa Rica Travel Tips
- Pura Vida! La Gringa shares her Costa Rica travel tips for your fun and frolic, explains where to stay and what to do, and reveals what to do with the toilet paper.
- Spanish Travel Advice, Fun, Pics
- Spanish travel help, advice, and a sprinkling of sarcasm from La Gringa, baby! Learn from my adventures in Spain right here.
- Gay Friendly Travel in Spanish-Speaking Countries
- La Gringa and her fiancee, Foxy, love some gay friendly travel. Our adventures as a lesbo-tastic couple traveling the Spanish-speaking world and lovin' it.
- Puerto Viejo Costa Rica Is Caribbean Dreamland
- I love Puerto Viejo Costa Rica with my whole heart. It's a cool, laid back surf town with tasty food, beautiful beaches, baby monkeys, and a mellow party scene. Pics and tips from my adventures in PV!
- Costa Rica Adventure Vacations
- So you want one of those glorious Costa Rica adventure vacations, right? La Gringa reveals how to have the time of your life in Costa Rica, the secrets of successful zip lining, and more.
- Airfare to Costa Rica
- What's it going to cost? Prices on Airfare to Costa Rica and La Gringa's secrets for getting them super cheap.
- Arenal Volcano Costa Rica
- La Gringa's adventures in Spanish continue! Check out pics, accommodations info, and lots more from her visit to the Arenal Volcano Costa Rica. Pura Vida!
- Beautiful Costa Rica Beaches
- I've seen it myself, sugarpie! Costa Rica beaches are beautiful. Where to find them, what to do when you get there, and how to find those crystal clear waters.
- Cahuita Costa Rica Is So Cool
- Guidebooks sometimes lie. Cahuita Costa Rica is awesome! A cool old beach town with great food and snorkling you won't believe. Our snorkeling guide was the best looking man I've ever seen in person.
- Costa Rica Animals Are Amazing
- They are killing me with cuteness. Photos of some Costa Rica animals I met during my visit, including baby monkeys and sloths and a tame baby deer.
- Costa Rica Currency
- Before you drop those dollars, find out what they're worth in Costa Rica currency, colones, and how to save money on your fabulous vacay in Costa Rica!
- Costa Rica Food...Yum
- The Costa Rica food we ate was so awesome, I'm getting Foxy a Costa Rican cookbook for her birthday. Here's where we ate and where you'll want to chow down, too.
- Costa Rica Canopy Tours -- Which Is YOUR Favorite?
- La Gringa reports on her favorite canopy tour in Costa Rica. Look, Ma, no hands! Share your favorite of the Costa Rica canopy tours and read other visitors' reviews now.
- Contact La Gringa, Pudding Pop!
- Contact La Gringa here and she'll probably write you back.
- Gay Spain! Barcelona, Sitges, and More
- Gay Spain! Barcelona, Sitges, and more from La Gringa. See how inappropriate my American bathing suit looked on the beaches of Sitges. Meet my friend Saucy, too.
- O glorious Spanish beaches! Gringa loves them and so will you.
- Gorgeous Spanish beaches. Find them, love them. Learn why American tankinis look ridiculous in Spain and see pics of the Mediterranean from La Gringa's trip. It'll be fun!
- Barcelona Cheap Hotel
- Visit the gorgeous Gothic city without dropping all your cash. Learn about La Gringa's favorite Barcelona cheap hotel, see pics, and get googly-eyed over Gaudi. You're going to love Barcelona.
- Contribute to Spanish
- Would you like to share your knowledge about spanish? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.
A few of La Gringa's Favorites
Baby sloths in Costa Rica
The beaches of Sitges, Spain
Delicious food in Cahuita, Costa Rica
The streets of Barcelona
Art wherever it's found